The Strengthening Families Conference provides an opportunity to discover the latest research, best practices and tools for Early Learning Professionals, Parents and Kinship/Foster Caregivers. The 2021 Virtual Conference is open to anyone who is interested in the health and well-being of children, youth and families. Add to your repertoire of tools and strategies, discover new ideas and make new contacts.
How to connect
- Use a hardwired, ethernet connection if you can (WiFi is too spotty for good webinar interaction).
- Use a headset with a mic if you have one. At the very least, earbuds or headphones will improve how you sound to others.
- Make sure your webcam and microphone work (if you are using a laptop, these are probably built-in).
- Find a quiet room that has good lighting, but do not sit with your back to the light source (think of how you would take a good photo – you don’t want to be a silhouette).
Drop-In Tech Check - September 23
Want to make sure everything is working before the conference? Plan to drop in anytime between 10am and 2pm on Thursday, September 23 and the Strengthening Families Conference support staff will verify that everything is working for you.
CEU Verification Process
We are excited to offer our registrants the option to purchase Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Below are the steps to meet the requirements for Washington State STARS/MERIT credit Credit hours, Washington State Professional Development and Continuing Education Clock Hours for teachers and educators, and Washington Social Work Continuing Education.
A 8-digit code will be required for participants to receive a CEU. This code will be provided to participants in states; one part during the keynote speaker session, one part during each morning and afternoon sessions.
The CEU participants are required to complete the following steps:
- Register for the conference and submit payment
- Attend the conference by using the provided Zoom links received during the registration process and the email used to register and
- attend the morning keynote speaker session
- one of the 9:15 AM sessions
- one of the 10:30 AM sessions
- the afternoon keynote speaker session
- one of the 1:00 PM sessions
- and one of the 2:15 PM sessions
- Write down the first 2 digits when provided during the morning keynote speaker session
- Write down the next 2 digits when provided during each of the morning sessions.
- Write down the next 2 digits when provided during the afternoon keynote speaker session.
- Write down the next 2 digits when provided during each the afternoon sessions.
- Complete the conference survey at the end of the conference and enter in the full 12-digit code.
You must complete all required steps in order to receive your CEUs
Please allow up to eight weeks to receive your CEU certificate.
Please note: All payments must be received before your CEU certificate (s) are sent to you.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Questions & Answers
What if I experience login issues and are unable to attend the virtual conference, will I be able to watch the conference at a later date?
Yes. We will provide all registrants with access to the recorded videos after the conference.
How do I receive my Certificate of Attendance?
Follow the instructions in the evaluation survey email.
1. Complete the online conference evaluation survey. An email will be sent after the conference with instructions to access the survey.
2. Once the survey is completed you will be emailed your Certificate of Attendance.
Can I cancel my registration?
No refunds are allowed, but substitutions are permitted. You may designate a substitute. Please contact Heather Antanaitis, Conference Coordinator, at email@example.com.
All individuals who complete the registration process agree to pay Family Education & Support Services the full registration fee, even if they are unable to attend the virtual conference.
How can my organization become a conference sponsor?
Sponsorship opportunities are limited. To become a sponsor and for more information, please contact Heather Antanaitis, Conference Coordinator by phone at 360-878-1016 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I obtain a copy of a presenter’s Power Point slides and handouts?
Presenters have the option of sharing their slides and handouts for the Strengthening Families Conference to post online after the conference.